Paneer (cubed) – 2 cups (homemade/store bought fresh/fried)
Cashew/ Almond – 1 cup
Onion – 1 (finely copped)
Ginger garlic green chilly paste – 2 tblsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Pepper powder (preferably white pepper) – 2 tsp (or to taste)
Black Cumin seeds (Shahi Jeera) – 1 tsp
Yogurt – 1 cup
Milk- 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Sugar – a pinch
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cilantro – for garnish
1. Soak the almonds/cashews in milk for 10-15 min and grind it in a blender to form a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds and fry the onions until they start to sweat.
3. Add ginger-garlic-green chilly paste and cook till the raw smell vanishes.
4. Add the yogurt along with cumin powder, corriander powder and garam masala to this and cook for a minute.
5. Next add the cashew and milk paste. Add water as needed and bring it to a boil. (Add more water than needed as the gravy thickens considerably.)
6. Add salt, sugar and pepper powder to the gravy and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes for the cashew/almond to be cooked nicely.
7. Add the paneer cubes to the gravy and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh cilantro or with tosted cashews/almonds and serve with pulav/naan.